ISE 1.2 Error Messages
We have an ISE deployment that we are lab testing.
This is running v126.96.36.1999 with Patch 2 installed.
We have an authC policy configured for domain-joined computers for 802.1x and domain credentials:
Allow Protocols: PEAP_CHAPv2
This works, and authenticates both the machine (pre-login) and user (post-login).
However, I am seeing some errors int the Auth logs before the 5200 Authentication succeeded message.
These messages are not shown in the Cisco ISE Log Messages spreadsheet!
5441 Endpoint started new EAP session while the packet of previous EAP session is being processed. Dropping new session.
5405 RADIUS Request dropped
5440 Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new
Has anybody else exxperienced this or can explain why I am seeing this behaviour?
All helpful responses rated!
This is an external defect but duplicate of
CSCui21439 message texts do not reflect 1.2 added/modified value
I'm going to paste the description/content here from the defect.
install from iso and configured from scratch.
Node1: pri(A), Pri(M),PDP
Node4 and Node5 were placed in node group.
1. configured multiple nics on node4 and node5 with ip address and host alias.
2. Configured policy sets to serve requests coming for eth0 and eth1.
3. tried round-trips ( BYOD flows ) with both eth0 and eth1.
1. Under live authentications page, admin could see events which are having below failure reasons without event details ( i.e. event column is blank )
"5441 Endpoint started new EAP session while the packet of previous EAP session is being processed. Dropping new session."
"5440 Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new"
2. But under Operations -- > Reports -- > Auth service status --- > Radius errors report, event details are getting appeared
so the problem is in reports admin could able to see event details for above failure reasons but not in live authentications page.
so, there is no functional impact as admin could see event details from reports section.
**Do rate helpful posts**